Crysis Warhead on Mac Pro Finally!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by ildondeigiocchi, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Slimdude22 macrumors member

Wow gameplay looks smooth for it being the "low end" of the mac pro model. that game takes a lot of juice to run doesnt it? what settings is it on? low-high?

sweet game

2. ildondeigiocchi thread starter macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

high settings

3. Slimdude22 macrumors member

Nice. my roommate in college who is always bragging about his custom built liquid cooled computer couldn't pull that game off in high settings. Just goes to show mac rules the rest are fools :)

4. ildondeigiocchi thread starter macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

YUP :)

5. OneHump macrumors member

That's impressive. I also like your setup. Care to share what speakers you have. I have to say that I also like your desk. :D

6. ildondeigiocchi thread starter macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

Thanks. The speakers are Bose Companion 3 speakers. :)

7. OneHump macrumors member

Thanks. I'm curious to know how you like them. I'm in the market for some speakers. After your last post, I did a little research and it looks like the big 3 are Klipsch, Bose and Logitech. Bose is not very highly regarded in enthusiast audio circles, but we're talking computer speakers here. I really like how yours look and the sound actually came through really well over youtube. I'm inclined to grab a pair.

I also came across the Bang and Olufsen Beolab 4's, but they look a little goofy and probably don't earn their $1,000 price tag.

8. ildondeigiocchi thread starter macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

I love my Bose Companion 3 speakers. The sound is truly High Definition quality; its clear and sharp. Great for gaming under Windows and listening to music. They only cost 329$. Had no problems having audio in XP without installing any drivers. Others who bought other speakers have had audio trouble in XP.

9. sneezymarble macrumors 6502

Right. Except for the people with faster graphics cards than an 8800GT since Crysis, and by extension Warhead, are very GPU limited.

10. OneHump macrumors member

Outstanding! I ordered them from NewEgg last night. I'm very much looking forward to receiving them. Thanks again!

By the way, I have to say again that your setup is really impressive. It has inspired me to get all the crap off my desk in the pursuit of a cleaner look.

11. ildondeigiocchi thread starter macrumors 6502a

ildondeigiocchi

Your welcome and I'm sure you'll love the speakers.:)