crysis xp or vista

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by TheRevolution55, Jun 18, 2008.

1. TheRevolution55 macrumors member

I really dont like vista will i be able to run crysis just as well on xp and does xp support crossfire for 2 3870's?

2. edo10 macrumors newbie

I'm pretty sure crossfire runs fine on XP but you should look it up
    as for Crysis XP is the way to go as you'll get 10 to 15 more FPS then in vista also there's a very easy config file you can change to get very high looking settings
    I hope this helps!

3. kabunaru Guest

If you want someday to put a new graphics card in the Mac Pro for Crysis (just in Windows) and truly max out Crysis to its true potential (DX10 and Ultra High settings), you should go for Vista.
    Otherwise, XP.

4. Siron macrumors 6502

Siron

Vista. Because Vista uses DX10 it is faster and better looking than XPs DX9. I played Crysis on both XP Pro 32 and Vista Business 64 and I can state categorically that it runs faster and better on Vista. I would like to know if those people who say it's better on XP have actually played it on both OSs.

5. edo10 macrumors newbie

hi i've played on both XP and vista and i'd go with XP but it's just personnel choice i think it's mostly in Crysis that you'll get more FPS in XP not so much in other games
    but if i were you i'd listen more to Siron and other people then me as i really don't know what i'm doing:eek:

6. Siron macrumors 6502

Siron

That's surprising EDO10. I played it twice on XP with all settings on HIGH and at 1600x1200 but no Anti Aliasing or Anistropic Filtering and at times it really bogged down and I had to revert to 1280 x 1024. On Vista with all settings on VERY HIGH at 1600 x 1200 I had no problems at all. I read that DX10 can use more of the CPU as well as more efficient use of the GPU so maybe with my 8 cores I saw a real difference.
    As more and more games come out using DX10 I think Vista is the way to go - but that's just my opinion in response to the OP request. :)

7. Infrared macrumors 68000

Infrared

And maybe Vista had access to more RAM? That could help too.
    I would imagine crysis gobbles up gigantic servings of RAM.