Crystal screen protector that isn't a fingerprint magnet?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lyceumHQ, May 11, 2012.

1. lyceumHQ macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

Love the crystal screen protectors but can't stand having to constantly wipe the fingerprints off.

So as above really. Are their any crystal ones that are anti fingerprint? Or is matte the only option?

Thanks.

2. iproductsuser macrumors 6502a

3. Catcher macrumors regular

4. lyceumHQ thread starter macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

So basically. I'll have to go back to the matte ones?

5. lincolnmayer macrumors member

I think I have an alternative for you.

I've been using this one through Amazon called ArmorSuit and you can wipe off any finger prints with their micro fiber cloth they provide. I've noticed it hardly attracts any finger prints too. Good luck!

6. GalvaJ macrumors regular

GalvaJ

If you don't wanna deal with them at all pretty much, Anti Glare's are the best option. I use a Power Support Anti Glare and love it. No fingerprints or smudges and the phone always has a really clean look to it.

7. lyceumHQ thread starter macrumors 6502a

lyceumHQ

Thanks. I took off a PS anti glare to put on a media devil crystal.

Love how much clearer the screen is but the finger prints are driving me mad.

I was hoping there was one out there that incorporated both but it seems not.

8. JMies419 macrumors 6502

I love my PS Crystal protectors for about a month, now they are terrible. Fingerprints have never been worse. I am thinking about taking it off and just leaving the screens completely naked. I normally carry my phone in a Belkin 050 so I think I'll be okay.

9. GalvaJ macrumors regular

GalvaJ

I used an Oleophobic film from The HiShop and after a couple of weeks I was already noticing that it wasn't resisting them as well as when I first applied it. Just have to make compromise of what you want the most.

----------

The naked screen is going to have the same result as the PS Crystal. iPhone's come with an oleophobic coating on them that helps to fight of fingerprints and smudges. That doesn't last too long though cause the coating eventually wears off from normal use. Pretty much what happened with your crystal.

10. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Nope. You pretty much have to pick your poison.