Cs 3 Warning!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dashiel, Apr 16, 2007.

1. dashiel macrumors 6502a

if you had the photoshop CS3 beta on your machine make sure that you use the uninstaller located in applications > utilities > adobe folder. DO NOT THROW IT IN THE TRASH

if you don't your shiny, expensive new CS3 software won't work. apparently adobe said they will release a cleaner script "in a few days", which is unacceptable in my book.

2. fiercetiger224 macrumors 6502a

Good thing I uninstalled mine before proceeding. I usually always use an uninstaller when possible, because I don't want all those other files in other directories (that belong to the program) to sit on my hard drive. Too bad Apple doesn't require companies to make an uninstaller like Microsoft does... :rolleyes:

3. PYR0M310N macrumors 6502a

PYR0M310N

4. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

This is what adobe said one their site? Who should I believe? :confused:

Important information for beta or prerelease users

If you are a beta or prerelease user, you must first uninstall all CS3 beta and pre-release programs on your machine before installing the shipping versions.

5. Klrbee25 macrumors member

Why is "in a few days" unacceptable? It's nice of them to address the issue in under a week, and you're the one who uninstalled it incorrectly. Just reinstall the beta and then use the adobe uninstaller. Perhaps that will work.

6. Nall macrumors regular

Photoshop WILL have problems if you installed the beta. We got around this by killing /Library/Application Support/Adobe (that's Macintosh HD, then Library, then Application Support, then delete Adobe folder).

WARNING: Do not do this unless you are re-installing/upgrading ALL your Adobe apps. It will probably fubar their settings otherwise.

7. erikamsterdam macrumors regular

erikamsterdam

You also have that Adobe folder in your User directory. That should be killed too. Or just rename it if you are afraid of breaking something, then you can always put it back.

8. purdueboiler87 macrumors member