OS X CS:GO "command" + "left mouse click" causes "right mouse click" Whats wrong?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by oeppel, Apr 3, 2013.

1. oeppel macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

I loved to play Counter Strike years ago. For a while I switched from Windows to Mac and now I want to play Counter Strike Global Offensive but I've got some problems with the assignment of keys.
    On windows I used "Alt" to "duck" und "Space" to "jump" and I want to do it on Mac the same way with spatial arrangement (sorry, I don't know the right word for that - hope you understand what I mean :D )
    command/duck and space/jump
    so I won't have any problems with conditioning new assignment of keys.
    But if I'm in the game and press first "command" to duck and second the left mouse button to "fire", CS:GO does a right mouse click instead a left one while ducking. Do you understand what I mean?

In CS:GO it's: "Command" + "left mouse click" causes a "right mouse click".
    On Mac it's: "Control" + "left mouse click" for a "right mouse click"

I also tested Counter Strike 1.6 and there's no problem with that...
    So the problem seems to be in CS:GO.

Does anyone know what to do? I'm going crazy. I played Counter Strike for years with this assignment of keys and I'm getting sick while thinking of changing the assignment.

For your information... I got an iMac mid 2010 with 10.8. Mountain Lion.

Thanks a lot and kind regards from Germany.
    oeppel

2. oeppel thread starter macrumors newbie

3. MrTammikuu macrumors newbie

Any solutions ?

Hi,
    sorry to dig up, but i'm having the same trouble,
    Have you found any solution ?

4. Washac macrumors 68020

Washac

Have you tried contacting where you purchased the game from ?

5. DaveNinja macrumors 6502

DaveNinja

I think you just can assign the command key to any action that you might need to click at the same time. I dont know if there is a system deep method of disabling "Command + left click = right click" or not.

If you can use bootcamp to put a windows partition on your mac, its worth it if you play a lot of CS:GO since it seems to run way better in windows than on OsX

6. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

What do you consider "way better" and what Mac are you running it on ?

7. Exhale macrumors 6502

Games often link the CMD to the CTRL key. Sometimes this can be disabled in settings.

8. DaveNinja macrumors 6502

DaveNinja

I'm running CS:GO on a 2012 retina MacBook Pro (i5 chip, 650M gpu).
    I havent compared FPS between OSes but it seems way smoother on Windows 8.1. On OsX i would sometimes get terrain rendering problems, like the ground would disappear at certain angles. My friend who has a iMac (year or two old) played a bunch on OsX before switching over and mentioned getting better performance on the Windows side. He said there seemed to be a split second delay on the mac side vs the windows side, which usually resulted in your character getting shot before you shot your enemy.