CS :GO on my new iMac..

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by rip-the-jacker, May 1, 2016.

1. rip-the-jacker macrumors 6502

Hey guys,

can someone tell me how to improve stability and frame rates? I currently average around 100-140 FPS which is fine but this is at lowest res with details all on low..

so im not sure why I'm not seeing an improvement, and I am in full screen mode, is it possible because its driving this 5K screen also?

any tips and suggestions much appreciated!

RTJ

2. saturnotaku macrumors 68000

You're probably running the game at the native 5K resolution. Use the in-game settings to lower it to 2560x1440 or 1920x1080, and then you should be able to increase the detail settings. You can also use a launch command to limit the frame rate to 60 so you won't see any tearing.

3. rip-the-jacker thread starter macrumors 6502

i have reduced the settings to 720p but still think i should be drawing a few more fps..thanks for that, i will input that command when i play some later on.

RTJ

4. Neanderphil macrumors member

Neanderphil

Are you running the games in windows or OS X? Windows will yield much improved frame rates.

5. Irishman macrumors 68030

Why is this the default answer for you? Why do you assume that the OP has a copy of Windows lying around, much less wants to install it on his Mac to play CSGO?

6. rip-the-jacker thread starter macrumors 6502

no, i do not have bootcamp or want to give up valuable HD space (i have 256gb flash storage on my iMac).

correct. i do not want to spend time and money getting windows on my mac, when i can use mac os to play it.

RTJ

7. Neanderphil macrumors member

Neanderphil

Hey,

It wasn't my answer, it was a question to ascertain which direction I should go with any further advice. I made no assumption that the OP had a copy of windows or wished to install it.

For the OP, I would have a look at this post, https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=347017860 and use "fps_max 60" in the console to limit your frames, as suggested by saturnotaku.