CS:S Res/Settings

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nocoast, Nov 17, 2008.

1. nocoast macrumors member

Been playing a lot of css on my unibody lately...Finding that I cant really find a nice 16:10 res to play at...those who have more experience, what do you run it at?

2. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Ive been playing it on the setting it was saying to have it on and im getting 65 FPS. I dropped them down to med and taken shadows and reflections off etc and getting 100 FPS now without noticing any difference in graphics TBH.

So take all the reflections off or low and put everything else to med and see whats what.

3. smokedog macrumors regular

Can't you run it at the native resolutions (1440 x900)? I've not played CS:S for a long time but I'm sure it has 16:10 support now.

4. nocoast thread starter macrumors member

You can but I dont think that res is notably good for playing...pretty unresponsive and most of my serious gaming buddies run @ a lower res even if they have high spec'd computer. Something about...it being easier to kill people? Iunno

5. m1stake macrumors 68000

Set it to run in a 4:3 resolution, NOT stretched. Widescreen messes up registration if it's stretched. You can tell if it's stretched because everything will be 1.5x it's normal width.

In addition, check your FPS with Fraps or GC. If you get below 60, lower your res, or detail, or AA, etc. Turn off shadows, set detal to medium or low, etc.

CSS is nub compared to 1.6, but it does have a solid CAL league behind it among others if you play competitively.