Cs2 & Cs4

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Dunstaffian, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Dunstaffian macrumors newbie

Can CS2 and CS4 co-exist on a new iMac?

Moving from a G5 that has CS2 onto the new Mac that is using CS4. Be simpler if, for a short while, the two could be on the same machine.

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

They can. I have CS3 and CS5 coexisting on the same Mac.

3. FourCandles macrumors 6502a

Should be OK. Install CS2 first and get all updates, then install CS4.

EDIT: CS2 was written for PowerPC as you probably know, so there may be bugs. But it's probably OK enough to run while you bed in CS4. You'll need Rosetta for CS2 but OS X should tell you that and download it.

4. a.jfred macrumors 6502

I'm just curious, so forgive me because this is going to sound like a totally stupid question, but ...

Why would you need both CS2 _and_ CS4? Wouldn't CS4 alone suffice?

Of course, I went from PS7 (running it via Windows 7 via Parallels) to CS4 (running straight up on my new 15" MBP), so I'm probably missing missing something ...

5. Jaxdialation macrumors regular

It isn't a stupid question.

I'm always suspicious when people ask questions which are so obviously answered if the software is legally obtained.

6. Dunstaffian thread starter macrumors newbie

Cs2 & Cs4

Nothing illegal about it.
    We are just switching over computers and need to carry over material in CS2 to new software that we have purchased (CS4). We could do a lot of copying and transfering, but it would be much simpler if they are both on the same machine.
    Thanks a million for some really useful answers. Just didn't want to crash the entire thing with conflicts.