CS2 Photoshop missing... GONE!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by vickylmb, Jun 29, 2010.

1. vickylmb macrumors newbie

I went to log on to my mac tonight and Photoshop was missing. Seriously... it was just gone, icon and all!! All the other CS2 premium programs were still there. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the CS2 package several times. Shut off the computer and rebooted the computer. I installed every patch I could find... Everything I can think of.... however, when it comes down to the place where I am installing the programs, I am given the option to install every program EXCEPT Photoshop?!?! ... it is grayed out. I have searched and searched for a fix to this problem but have come up empty handed! I use this program for my job and am basically screwed without it!! :eek: Any ideas at all??!!! I am desperate!? The Adobe site has been NO help at all.

2. grim103 macrumors member

search it on your computer to see if you accidentally moved it somewhere by accident, if that doesn't work maybe call Adobe, and even the reinstall disk wont work? :apple:

3. vickylmb thread starter macrumors newbie

I ran a search and it can't be located anywhere. :confused:

4. vickylmb thread starter macrumors newbie

Adobe is wanting to charge me for the call - $30 plus bucks. I am not even guaranteed they can fix it.

.... wondering if I should just buy an new copy?

5. Princess Cake macrumors regular

Princess Cake

Thats some screwy poo......... do you have a Time Machine backup containing the directories? Maybe restore everything contaning "Adobe" back.

6. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

They charge over $2,000 for their adobe CS5 collection and they have the tenacity to charge $30 for a phone call?!?!?

I didn't feel bad about pirating their software before, but now I want to do it again out of spite.:mad:

7. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

Look in /Library/Receipts/ and ~/Library/Receipts/ for anything containing com.adobe.photoshop. Delete those. Then try reinstalling Photoshop again.

jW