CS2 Standard Educational to CS3 Premium Commercial???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Nagol, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Nagol macrumors newbie

I realize this is an age old question, but as of yet I can't seem to get a clear answer. I currently own an educational version of the CS2 suite. I recently purchased a new intel mac and already getting sick of the waiting I am forced to do, but that's another story. Anyways, I'm in the market to upgrade to CS3, preferably the Premium Design Suite. So my question... is this something I can do? Will an educational standard suite upgrade to a full commercial premium version?

I attempted to get a hold of Adobe but was on hold for what felt like forever. It does mention on Adobe's site that one is able to upgrade from educational to commerical, but can I go from standard to premium ($599)? Has anyone else attempted this? Thanks for any help offered.

2. Nagol thread starter macrumors newbie

Disregard my post. I finally got ahold of an Adobe rep on the phone. So for anyone interested. You CAN upgrade your CS2 educational to CS3 commercial completely legit for the base $599. Great news for me and my wallet. Well... still bad news for my wallet, but it could be worse.