CS3 & 10.5.2 (Specific Crashing)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by razorianfly, Feb 15, 2008.

1. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Hello,

I recently installed Adobe Photoshop from Creative Suite 3 on Leopard, and since installing it, i've not been able to save a document successfully. The problem is (and it's quite annoying), it crashes every time I goto save a document with it. Oh, and it doesn't stop at crashing Photoshop, yeah, it crashes Leopard too, with no recovery until rebooted. Photoshop, iTunes, Handbrake, you name it ... once Photoshop plays up, nothing responds.

Also, the crashing can manifest itself when I'm trying to save in specific locations within leopard. To give you an example of this, I recently created a custom wallpaper, and tried to save it in the default wallpapers directory, found under Mac HD > Library > Desktop Wallpapers. I got as far as typing the second character of the file name.

Although it doesn't just happen in default folders. I even tried saving in a folder I created in 'My documents', and again, it completely locked the system up, with the remedy being me forcing a reboot.

I'm using a Mac Mini, 1.83Ghz, 1Gb Ram, and have 10.5.2 installed and functioning great, apart from this.

Previous to installing 10.5.2 PS CS3 worked and saved documents without a hitch.

Anyone else seeing these problems? - Any fix?

I use Photoshop on a daily basis. Thanks,

R-Fly

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

This isn't a standard problem with CS3 and Leopard, nor is it a standard problem with Leopard in general, so I've got to think that something went wrong with your Leopard install and this is just the symptom you're noticing.

Standard things to try (past the stock "fsck/repair permissions") would be to reinstall 10.5.2 from the Combo download and see if that makes any difference. If not, I've got to think an archive and install of 10.5 is in order.

One question: Do you have CS3 set to display its custom save dialogues (the funky Windows-esque ones, not the OS-stock ones)? If so, maybe CS3 is doing something bad with the override.

3. razorianfly thread starter macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Makosuke,

Im fairily new to OSX (2 months), and didn't know about the 'repair disk permissions' feature of the Disk Utility.app. I researched through Google on how to find and repair the permissions in OSX after you mentioning them, and this seems to have resolved the issues i've been having with saving in PS CS3.

I had a feeling it wouldn't be a bug with Leopard or CS3. My Leopard experience has been reset to 'Flawless' again.

Thanks again for your suggestions!