cs3 complete deinstall needed

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by whyrichard, Apr 20, 2008.

1. whyrichard macrumors 68000

Hey,

I used my macbook's harddrive in target disk mode from another computer, opened up cs3, from that other computer, and since then the cs 3 installation is saying that it has expired...

... reactivating gives me an error message, blah blah blah.... i want to completely remove cs3 from my computer and reinstall from scratch... i use the adobe uninstaller, reinstall, and i get the same error message... "It has expired"....

-is there some sort of time stamp that must be removed manually?

how do i completely remove this stuff and start completely from scratch?

thanks so much, from this typical student,

r.

2. fab5freddy macrumors 65816

fab5freddy

3. moo9 macrumors newbie

The Adobe deinstall script did not work for me. I was playing around with some trial versions which expired meanwhile. I could never completely remove the installations (even I used the hidden option 4 in the script).
    I would be very thankful if somebody really could advise how to erase the traces of previous trial versions.
    Thanks!

Moo9

4. sil3nc3 macrumors regular

I guess you could very possibly try AppCleaner Although I dunno what it would achieve.

You could try a manual search through the Preferences/Application Support folders with the terminal command allowing you to view hidden files.
    Code:
    defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
    To turn it off, just enter this in Terminal:
    Code:
    defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles FALSE

5. fab5freddy macrumors 65816

fab5freddy

you can also go in your Users / Library /Application Support / Adobe ......and

look for any CS3 files, that you should delete.