Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

semicharmed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2005
New Orleans
I was wondering if anyone has CS3 and would be willing or able to save something in an .inx file that I could open in CS2.
Little background: I work for my college paper, we're still running on G5s, and we decided to hold off on the CS4 upgrade until we can afford to upgrade at least the production machines to MacPros. The files are from an advertiser, we've had printing problems so the advertiser sent us on the original .indd files from the designed. They were CS4 files, that I was able to save in an .inx format openable by CS3, but I can't find a copy for CS3 to make the next conversion.
Thanks!

Kwill

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2003
CS3: File: Export: (select "InDesign Interchange" from pop-up menu)

Resulting file can be opened in CS2 (but not CS).

semicharmed

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 24, 2005
New Orleans
Thanks Kwill, but I knew how to do the conversion, I was trying to see if anyone had access to CS3 and would be willing to convert the files so I could open them in CS2. I had access to CS4 and CS2, but no CS3.
Anyway, this thread can probably be locked/deleted, as production night is long past and we made do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.