CS3 Design Premium

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by MM07, Apr 5, 2008.

1. MM07 macrumors 6502a

I got this from my work to install at home. I am definitely not a designer in any way.

Is it worth it for me to install it to play around? How much space does it take up?

2. klymr macrumors 65816

Might be fun to play around with. It'll most likely take up a lot of space though. But hey, if they gave it to ya, why not?

3. notnek macrumors 6502

notnek

If they're just going to give it to you to install, you better do it!

4. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

It takes up 6.3GB of space, so it's not that big a deal to install it. What I'm wondering is why your company would give you $1800 worth of software that you don't know how to use and really have no use for. There is a pretty steep learning curve if you have never used Adobe programs before, but it really is a great collection of programs.

5. MM07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Our IT person came in to install the Windows version on my office PC. She said she had the Mac version if I wanted it. They paid for the unlimited license key. She knows that I am now a Mac user and offered it up.

When I looked at apple.com to see how much it was I was shocked.

6. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

Try installing at least Photoshop. It does have a steep learning curve, but that doesn't mean you won't figure out a few things just from playing around. That may spark your interest, and motivate you to check out some online tutorials. There are thousands of them. :)

7. joelm1988 macrumors member