CS3 license / performance questions

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by digitaldean, May 12, 2007.

1. digitaldean macrumors member

I am going to be upgrading to the Design Premium package and I have 2 questions:

1.) Would I be able to install CS3 apps on my main desktop G5 and on my MBP? I do not use them simultaneously. Only use the MBP when I am on the road or at a client's office.

2.) With the upgrade path I am going to use (presently own Macromedia Studio 8 and am upgrading to CS3 design premium) is their going to be an issue with Photoshop CS3 extended? I do not have a 3D video card for the G5 or MBP. This upgrade path is the only way I can upgrade all my apps (except Fireworks) and still get InDesign CS3 (which I don't currently have).

Any help on this would be appreciated!

2. dr34mr macrumors newbie

dr34mr

1. Well i can answer your first question. No you can't install it on both your G5 and on your MBP, (Well you could but it would be illegal) as it is a license by machine application, not a license per user.

2. I currently have CS3DP on both my Mac Pro at work and PC at home and i had to buy 2 license. but both have a fairly Decient graphics card (The Radeon X1900XT in the Mac, and a nVidia FX 7800GT in the PC). But as far as i'm aware you shouldn't have any probs.

3. Angrist macrumors 6502

Thats always bothered me ... because theoretically you could delete from one machine and install on the other one as many times as you damn well choose. Which is different from installing on two machines and only physically using one at a time how?

4. steely macrumors member

This is incorrect. See Adobe's product activation policy, under "May I use the software on more than one computer at a time?" I believe digitaldean's use case falls under that scenario.

5. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

You'll be okay. PS doesn't make hardware acceleration mandatory, and it doesn't really matter for the normal PS functionality.

6. mustard macrumors 6502a

mustard

Seconded - I called and confirmed while placing my upgrade purchase.

7. dr34mr macrumors newbie

dr34mr

Sorry: I was wrong

My appolagies for the incorrect info, I stand corrected. How long has this been the case? i wave always been told that a separate license would have to be purchased. I guess i could have saved myself some money :eek: . I bought a separate license for my Work MacPro and my personal MBP, because i was told i would have to :(

I guess i can install it on my home Desktop (PC) for cross platform testing as well.