CS3 MC on Windows via Parallels or on Leopard?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by adam LC, Aug 6, 2008.

1. adam LC macrumors newbie

I've just bought a new iMac, LOVIN'IT!

I haven't used the programs apart from updating them to make sure they're ok. When I bought the imac, it came pre-installed with Aperture 2 and Adobe CS3 Master collection.

The store I bought it from said that CS3 had been installed on Vista Ultimate via parallels 3 and Aperture 2 is on Leopard as normal, because CS3 runs better on windows.

Does this sound right to you guys? I don't get how I can use Aperture on one OS and edit with photoshop on another OS at the same time?

I'm a noob, so please educate me:)

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I think CS3 run about the same speed natively on OSX or Windows. And now you have CS3 in VM with Vista. ...mmm.., I say it will be slower than either CS3 in pure Vista, or Leopard.

They probably don't have the OSX copy of CS3. Still, if they offer you the disk of CS3 and Vista, you can bootcamp it.

3. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

Running parallels or vMware will probably allow you to run a windows version of adobe CS3 concruently while running OS x ... just like any other windows program

BUT ... I think running it in Boot camp will probably give you better performance -- rather then trying to run it in virtualization

mind you, non of the adobe suite software is 3D heavy, and most programs run at about 90 - 95% in virtualization ... you might be fine

but -- adobe products don't run better in windows then on mac that's a load of crap

4. dcubed20 macrumors member

wrongo

5. adam LC thread starter macrumors newbie

Why's that?

I have the disc for reinstallation, along with this message:

"If you need to re-install CS3 at anytime, the registration activation code needs to be generated from our Adobe account. Once re-installed and you open an application from the CS3 suite for the first time, it will ask to activate. Select activation options the 'telephone activation'. This will generate an activation code. Providing us with this, by phone or email, will allow us to generate a code for your new installation, and you will be up and running within seconds."

I had a quick look at the re-installation disk and the files finish .exe, does that mean it's windows only? TBH, if i can run it in Leopard with no problems; I would prefer that.

Thanks for the replies guys!

6. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

yes, *.exe packages are windows only. (workwrounds do exist, but probably not helpful to you)

It will not run natively in Leopard, only through VM such as parallels. You can try it out, if it turns out to be slow, you can always try bootcamp and install windows as well as CS3.

7. ScoobyMcDoo macrumors 65816

Well, if it were me, I would go back to the store and trade them the windows media for the OS X media.

8. adam LC thread starter macrumors newbie

I didn't think about that, I'll ask them.