CS3 student license

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jcb1024, Jan 30, 2008.

1. jcb1024 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm buying a design premium cs3 package for my son, but can someone tell me if adobe allow 2 installations (as with their regular editions of the software) or just 1, as I have heard conflicting reports.

Many thanks from a new member!

2. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

Hello,

As far as i am aware you can install on one desktop and one portable, but both copies cannot be run simultaneously.

I have an educational license of Adobe Production Premium and I have it installed on my Mac Pro and my MBP.

I very rarely use them simultaneously, perhpas only when im using the Mac Pro to render video i will use photoshop on the MBP.

The simple work around to running them at the same time is to turn off the network connection on one of the sytems (unplug ethernet or turn off wifi) so that the software cannot detect that the same license is running elsewhere on the network.

Hope this helps.

3. jcb1024 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi, thanks for the quick response! I actually have 2 MBP's, would that be a problem or is it strictly 1 desktop and 1 powerbook/MBP?

4. Greyfox135 macrumors newbie

You should be fine. I have one installed on my dad's MBP and I have one installed in my MBP. No problems, even if we're running them at the same time.

5. Makosuke macrumors 603

The desktop/laptop distinction is in the legalese in the license, not a technical restriction. I'm running a similar setup without issue (staff, but same student license version). Pretty sure it does check if it can see any other computers on the same subnet running the same serial number, though I admit I haven't tried it and I could be thinking of other apps (I know Office does).