CS3 Won't De-Activate

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cjbriare, Jul 21, 2010.

1. cjbriare macrumors member

cjbriare

Long story short:

Trying to activate CS3 on a PB G4, and it says it was activated twice already.

I used to have CS3 on my mac mini, but i now have CS4, and CS3 won't deactivate.

It starts out okay, but then says i dont have an internet connection when (obviously) I do.

I just wanted to know if there was a fix before I go through the burden of calling Adobe.

My system is the Early 2009 Mac Mini, Mac OS X 10.6.4.

2. Makosuke macrumors 603

This may be a waste of time, but it's possible that reinstalling CS3 on the computer it was on originally will allow you to deactivate it. I'm guessing this mainly because reinstalls, at least in my limited experience, don't seem to run afoul of the activation limits, so they must be correctly handing over information from the old install to the new and/or correctly identifying the computer on which it was installed.

You might also try Adobe's uninstaller--I can't remember if it includes an automatic deactivation as part of the removal, but logically it seems like it would. (Yes, I know, logic and Adobe installers rarely cross paths.)