CS4 Install Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OLD ELPASO, Jul 13, 2010.

1. OLD ELPASO macrumors member

Hey Guys,

I'm installing the Master Collection of CS4 for work. I'm using Windows disc but the ReadMe file has instructions for finding the Mac Installer on the Windows disc.

It tells me to: "Insert the DVD in your drive, and follow the on-screen instructions. If the installer does not launch automatically, navigate to the application folder found at the root level on your disk and double-click Setup Mac OS® to start the installation process."

I have looked up and down for this folder with no luck yet.

I have done the Adobe Clean wipe and checked for lazy Adobe files laying around my system that may be messing with the automatic installer, and nothing has worked.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any tips or solutions?

I'm running SnowLeopard 10.6.4 on Early2008 MPB.

2. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Are you sure there is a Mac OS installer on the Windows DVD? Seems more likely to me that the simply include a generic ReadMe for both versions on both DVDs but only include the correct software.

3. OLD ELPASO thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for getting back to me robbieduncan.

According to the ReadMe and my boss, the Windows disc should cover both. But its definitely looking like it could be a generic ReadMe, which is going to mean I'm going to have do my CS work on PC.

Do you know if Adobe keeps the trial versions of their CS4 software online so I can download them and plug in my serial number?

4. deadwulfe macrumors 6502a

deadwulfe

With CS5 out, I imagine it'll be hard to find, but they do have download trials available. Getting the entire Master set in one download wont be possible, though. You have to buy the trial DVDs to get the entire collection...

Oh yeah, I forgot to add, I did that with CS4 and the set of DVDs is either Windows or Mac, not both.

5. velocityg4 macrumors 68040

velocityg4

You could try calling Adobe and asking for a replacement Mac disk.

6. kasakka macrumors 68000

This is most likely what you have to do. Most likely you'll also get a new activation key because Adobe is not at all friendly when it comes to moving between two operating systems.

7. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

If you are using a windows version it will not work. you need the mac version of Photoshop. I went through this with CS4 when I switched to mac. I called Adobe and needed to apply for a cross platform license and get the mac version. It costs about $6 to ship out a new set of disks and you lose all support for the windows version and cannot switch back.

Also, regarding the installer, I just picked up a new MBP to mate with my iMac and had some problems with Bridge so I reinstalled it from disk then updated it. That worked okay but I could not get the installer for ACR to work at all and was left with the original Camera Raw 5.0 for ACR. So I took the latest version of Camera RAW 5.7 (downloaded separately) and manually remove the old version and copy in the new version. Now all is well.

Now sure if the above addresses your specific problem but hopefully it did. These things can make you crazy