CS4 Photoshop Error Message

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dpcalhoun, Dec 17, 2008.

1. dpcalhoun macrumors member

So I have CS4, and it's been wonderful on my new 24" iMac. After the latest 10.5.6 update, it started giving me this message every time I open Photoshop:

Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has temporarily disabled GPU enhancements. Check the video card manufacturer's website for latest software.

GPU enhancements can be enabled in the Performance panel of Preferences.

This never happened before 10.5.6. A coincidence? Or did something change? Why does it keep giving me this message?

2. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

You could have gotten a different driver in the update. Check with the card's site for current version of the driver.

3. euanmackie macrumors member

i have the same issue with my mbp before the update and after. but if you go in to performance and change the settings it works perfectly, so much for it just works! ha

4. dpcalhoun thread starter macrumors member

5. euanmackie macrumors member

Sorry didnt see the reply...

just replied to the PM hope it works out,

6. DarkDTSHD macrumors member

Another CS4 error message...need HELP!

I got the "...does not run on this architecture" error message when I tried to run a new install of CS4. It installed fine. Till the end when I looked in the Adobe folder for the blue PS folder icon to drag onto the dock. Found a white/yellow "papers with a circle/slash through it" icon instead.

I Googled and found out that some one else got this same error message. Except they had previously installed a copy of CS4 Master Collection but chose not to install 4 of the included mini-apps. I previously installed the trial version of "CS4 Extended". I do see a CS4 folder in the HD directory/application support/Adobe folder. Could that be it?

Only Adobe apps I have installed is the usual Adobe Reader and today Photoshop Lightroom 2.0 (upgraded to 2.2).

Please help! :)

7. dpcalhoun thread starter macrumors member

euanmackie, I changed the settings to what you said and it stopped giving me that message for awhile. And then a few times later it started giving me that message again.

Not really sure what's going. I was looking on adobe's site where it listed my graphics card(ATI Radeon 2600 Pro 256MB) as supported for GPU enhancements. And then there's another page where it's not listed.

Who knows.