CS5.1 error after adding LED Display

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by tcphoto, Dec 5, 2013.

1. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

I have a Late 2008 MBP that I use on location for photo shoots. I added a used 24" LED Cinema Display to allow clients to view images without crowding around the MBP.

As I connected the new to me display this afternoon, I tethered the camera and launched a couple applications and it looked great. Everything worked well until I tried to launch CS5.1 and I got an error message "could not launch because of a program error". I looked at the Adobe website and could not find much useful information. Anyone else have this issue when using an external display?

2. tcphoto thread starter macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

I may have solved my own problem. I read on the Apple.com forum about a Java 7 update and after installing CS5.1 launched and I could open files.

3. tcphoto thread starter macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

4. Dekard macrumors 6502

Dekard

5. tcphoto thread starter macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

Yes, it is CS5.1 and this seems to be the only issue when the MBP(5.1) is connected to the LED Cinema Display. I have searched for my Photoshop install CD but I can only find the previous CS2 disk. I have searched Adobe's website and cannot find the CS5 download.

----------

It's strange how I can download the CC trial and open images. I probably need to figure out where to download CS5 and reinstall, something is obviously missing from my install.

6. Dekard macrumors 6502

Dekard

Try : Command, Option, Shift when opening Photoshop to reset the preferences, I've had issues when I've left my PS on a second monitor when using a different second monitor before. This might help.

7. tcphoto thread starter macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

The shortcut reset preferences but I received the same error message. I finally gave up and enrolled in Adobe's CC program. Funny, I installed CC and it fired right up with no issues. Still for $9.99 a month I will have Photoshop and Lightroom with free updates.