CS5.5 uhhh wut?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BaBayOOsa, Apr 14, 2011.

1. BaBayOOsa macrumors member

ok so just today I was about to place my order for abode cs5 production premium when I saw something called abode cs5.5?.........

so what is cs5.5? is it something new? is it worth waiting till may 27th for?

I mainly plan on using the production premium for Motion effects/graphics, PhotoShop, & Illustrator. now would I befit from waiting to get 5.5? because now I'm wondering wether or not I should....

I saw it has something to do with mobile devices or something and that I don't really care about. I'm just curios as to wether it would be a big impact on PhotoShop, Illustrator, After Effects, & Premier Pro.

so yeah if it has just stuff to do with mobile devices and stuff then I don't really care but if its something really big. maybe I should wait......

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Check the main page for the story. It sounds more like adobe trying to get into the subscription business.

3. BaBayOOsa thread starter macrumors member

Just looked at it and it seems to have a lot to do with Mobile like I had seen earlier. doesn't really seem like it will impact the work I want to accomplish with this software I'm not really interested in mobile design....

but does anyone know of any big features (like i mean BIG like things that would be worth waiting for it) that would impact PS,AI,AE,Pr. if not then i think i'll pass on this and start using this software.

also they don't seem to give out much info on it except that it will be good for people who want to make stuff for IOS, Android, & BlackBerry.

EDIT #1: This just came to me would I need 5.5 to upgrade to cs6? when ever that comes out in the future?..... even if i would I'm pretty sure Cs5 still has some great tools that i can utilize.

4. SatyMahajan macrumors regular

Not many huge improvements from CS5 to CS5.5, except that you get Adobe Audition instead of Soundbooth. Audio has been the weak point of Production Premium (Soundbooth is utter crap compared to Soundtrack Pro).

Photoshop and Illustrator will still be version CS5 (i.e. there is no Photoshop CS5.5 or Illustrator CS5.5)

You will spend more going from CS5 to CS5.5 to CS6 than going straight from CS5 to CS6. However, I believe if you purchase CS5 now, you will get a free upgrade to CS5.5. Might be worth contacting Adobe to find out.

5. BaBayOOsa thread starter macrumors member

so you're sure that when the time comes I'll be able to go from cs5 right to cs6?

and yes I'm off to contact adobe I need to know if I can get the free upgrade so I'll be up to date.

but from what it sounds like CS5.5 wont impact me at all really so i think I'll just but now anyways.