CS5 and Spaces?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by splitpea, Jun 14, 2010.

1. splitpea macrumors 6502a

Has anyone gotten CS5 to respect Spaces settings in Snow Leopard? Even if I use System Prefs to assign it to a single Space, when I cmd-tab to Dreamweaver it simply moves itself into the current Space.

2. kasakka macrumors 68000

Probably yet another of those Adobe ****ups. They really don't give a damn about making their software work like any other Mac application. :mad:

3. Pablo631 macrumors newbie

4. splitpea thread starter macrumors 6502a

No kidding. Between that and the font issues, I'm ready to scream.

And yes, it works when you have a document open, but not when you don't.

Even more annoyingly, configuration dialogs stick in whichever space they were opened in, while the app itself moves around, so you have to go hunting for them.

5. pxforti macrumors newbie

CS5 does not work in spaces. Like another user said, Adobe makes no effort to make any cs5 apps behave like a mac app.

I activated spaces and assigned FW to space 3 and DW to space 2, and soon as I toggle betweent the two apps, fireworks moves to space two. And that's just one of hundreds of gripes against Adobe software. Half of the scroll windows in their panels don't response to mouse scrolling, preference commands are NEVER correct nor are many other mac system commands. Adobe has become a company I love to hate. They ARE the new Microsoft. I bought CS5 hoping that many of these issue would be fixed from CS3. Pretty much the same BS. If and when an althernative comes along, I'll just ship immediately.