CS5 Photoshop to Illustrator

Discussion in 'Design and Graphics' started by schataut, Oct 5, 2011.

1. schataut macrumors member

Hi,

I am a noob when it comes to Illustrator, though I can get things done when needed (r&d) :D I recently designed a product label which contains one logo and bunch of texts using Photoshop however looks like I need to have that in AI. Is there an easy way to export the design to AI from PS and then outline all text & objects in it or am I better off starting fresh in AI?

Thanks for your help.

2. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

You're much better off re-doing it in Illustrator.

There's the option of Live Trace in Illustrator, but it rarely gives 100% perfect results. Or at least I've never figured out how to make it give perfect results.

Assuming you built the logo with vector shapes in Photoshop, another possibility would be Export Paths to Illustrator.

3. UTclassof89 macrumors 6502

UTclassof89

In illustrator, choose FILE > Open... and target the PSD file. That dialog allows you to convert PSD layers into Illustrator objects (retaining the editable text, and any paths used to build the logo).

4. dem0n macrumors newbie

dem0n

for stuff like text, you really are going to wanna use Illustrator, but the main thing to keep in mind here is that Photoshop & Illustrator are similar in some ways, but they're VERY DIFFERENT PROGRAMS...& Typically are used for different type of stuff....