Cs6 and the new imac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NamanVarsani, Feb 20, 2012.

1. NamanVarsani macrumors newbie

think it's revealed that the new cs6 is due to come out may... And the new I mac is comming out soon. I've looked at the existing spec of cs 5.5. I'm intending to wait for both. What type of spec should I go for. I'm buying a production suite. So premier, after effects etc.
    The details are not out yet revieled but what's important to look for when you want to buy a mac for video production use ?

2. robgendreau macrumors 68040

Speed. Storage. Video is big stuff and manipulating it is hard work. Memory.

Expandibility can be an issue; iMacs have become increasingly difficult to upgrade, even something as basic as hard drives. Maybe externals will do for you however.

There aren't tons of choices if you're going with an iMac; it's basically a question of how much you'll spend.

Rob

3. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Adobe hasn't revealed the hardware requirements, but it's safe to say that both adequate system RAM and video RAM are a must. There are indications that the next version of PS (and the Creative Suite in general) will make use of the GPU.

A "base" model with 512mb of video RAM should be fine. You might want to consider increasing the system RAM to 8gigs. If you're planning on doing any video production, then I'd suggest getting an iMac with a gig of video RAM>