Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NamanVarsani

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 16, 2011
think it's revealed that the new cs6 is due to come out may... And the new I mac is comming out soon. I've looked at the existing spec of cs 5.5. I'm intending to wait for both. What type of spec should I go for. I'm buying a production suite. So premier, after effects etc.
The details are not out yet revieled but what's important to look for when you want to buy a mac for video production use ?

robgendreau

macrumors 68040
Jul 13, 2008
Speed. Storage. Video is big stuff and manipulating it is hard work. Memory.

Expandibility can be an issue; iMacs have become increasingly difficult to upgrade, even something as basic as hard drives. Maybe externals will do for you however.

There aren't tons of choices if you're going with an iMac; it's basically a question of how much you'll spend.

Rob

Bending Pixels

macrumors 65816
Jul 22, 2010
Adobe hasn't revealed the hardware requirements, but it's safe to say that both adequate system RAM and video RAM are a must. There are indications that the next version of PS (and the Creative Suite in general) will make use of the GPU.

A "base" model with 512mb of video RAM should be fine. You might want to consider increasing the system RAM to 8gigs. If you're planning on doing any video production, then I'd suggest getting an iMac with a gig of video RAM>

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.