CSS 3 'rounded borders' and IE

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by torndownunit, Jun 9, 2009.

1. torndownunit macrumors regular

Just curious if those of you who keep up on development issues know if IE plans to support the CSS 3 rounded corners property at any point in the near future?

I mainly work on small business and personal sites, so I have started using it anyway because it's not a huge deal on these sites if the rounded corners don't show. I just don't make the design dependent on them. But this style is so easy to implement, and it sure would be nice it's supported in all browsers at some point.

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Last I saw it wasn't being planned for IE9 so only work-arounds using images will work for a long time. I just let IE be the square that it is.

3. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

IE should curl up and die. Every version of it becomes worse than the last.

4. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

5. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

I loose much $ and time on IE. I agree on the curling up and dying thing.

6. muskratboy macrumors 6502

me too.

they are called "standards" for a reason, microsoft. would it kill you to follow the rules once in awhile?

7. NathanCH macrumors 65816

NathanCH

I wish Google would stick a huge "You cannot use our search engine unless you install a mozilla or webkit based browser". :rolleyes: Oh well, at least IE8 is an improvement.

8. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

For those interested, this is where I got the information about IE support on CSS. I am glad to see IE8 made a number of improvements, I even took off my warning message for IE8 visitors since it renders my site correctly now (except for border-radius of course). I've been considering giving harsher messages for IE6 users. Those users are so deprecated.

9. dantherevelator macrumors regular

That is really harsh, man.

10. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

11. wheezy macrumors 65816

wheezy

Wait, you're asking if IE is going to handle code that's still being defined out? I know most of it is finished and they're just wrapping up lose ends, but still... they'll have that figured out by... IE12. *shutters at the thought of more IE versions...*