CSS external link will not work? Check it out!

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by nightwolf, Jan 12, 2009.

1. nightwolf macrumors member

nightwolf

My site is www.peawanuck.com and u can see the codes inside the head on the file. It is a draft site. Site works in my puter but not on host site. I called host an they said that it should work but they didnt help further than that!

my .css files are "sammie and style", both have the same file content and tried them both to no avail???

What am I doing wrong here?:(

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

Your problem is your meta tag:
    HTML:
    <meta name="author" content="sam hunter, peawanuck, polar bear, sutton river />
    You're missing the end quote. Just a tidbit, if you use Firefox and do a view source it color codes things and will show simple HTML syntax errors and allowed me to quickly see your missing quote.

3. KatieDydde macrumors newbie

For My Information

Will your Firefox tip work for code generated for any type of project? I am doing on online help project and having no end of grief with bad links when I compile, and all the linked files are in the project.

This may be outside the scope of this thread, but I'm battling with this right now and thought it was worth asking. Thanks.

4. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

No, the tip I gave only applies to HTML syntax issues, not with bad links. There are other tools that will go through and test links in your HTML though, but not sure if they check links to CSS and JavaScript files, usually for checking anchor type links.

5. nightwolf thread starter macrumors member

nightwolf

Thank you

Hello,

Had bad codes and changed the .css name to stylesheet worked. forgetting to close " makes a big diff for css not to work.

Thank you again!

Sam Hunter

6. KatieDydde macrumors newbie

Thanks for your response. I thought I would need an XML checker. Back to the drawing board. :)