CSS Positioning

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by darkplanets, Nov 16, 2010.

1. darkplanets macrumors 6502a

Nov 6, 2009
    I've been looking around the Internet, and haven't been able to find a suitable solution to what I'd like to do in CSS; have an image (header) anchored to the top left, with a size that scales according to window size and/or simply users resolution. Instead of making multiple pages for multiple resolutions, I'd rather just have a self-scaling image. Is there any way to do this easily?
  2. Caleb531 macrumors 6502

Oct 17, 2009
    You might consider using a percentage, which is of the window itself (and the window is, to some degree, related to the screen resolution):

#logo {
    height: 30%
    (you should only need to change either the width or the height; your image should stay proportional that way)
  3. admwright macrumors regular

Sep 11, 2008
  4. darkplanets thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nov 6, 2009
    Awesome. That's exactly what I wanted. Now there's another question with relative positioning; say I have a box as a header, and a box offset it underneath (also placed via CSS)-- I tried using relative placement with percentages as the offset, but it doesn't scale the position correctly with the header at smaller resolutions. Is there any way I can in effect bind the top of the bottom header to the header offset by say 20% of the window size?