css problem

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by binu007binu, Oct 16, 2010.

1. binu007binu macrumors newbie

hi everyone, i am a web designer, i am encountering a css problem with for my web pages

my problem is , web pages do not run properly on almost all browsers

when i run the html page on internet explorer version 6.0 there it runs properly but when i run the same page on internet explorer 7 or 8 , i see my web pages gets disturbed, i see some contents flowing to left or right or to top or bottom som times it goes out from my web page but the same page properly runs on internet explorer 6.0, even i checked this html page on google chrome and mozila firefox the same problem occurs again

when i tried to correct css it ran properly on internet explorer 7 and 8 now the same html page gets disturbed if i run it on version 6.0

why its hapening like this pls help

waiting for answer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

You haven't provided anything for us to help you with. We need code or preferably a link. If it's only working in IE6 you must be using some old techniques or have validation issues. Run your page through and HTML validator and CSS validator.

3. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

This is possible the least helpful description I have ever read.

The only thing I can suggest is to use conditional comments to target IE 6.

4. manueld macrumors 6502

First off I would start testing with a more standards browser like Chrome or Firefox. Once it renders properly on those browsers, then create separate stylesheets for targeting specific IE browsers as IE 6 vs IE7 are all over the place in regards to CSS consistencies.