CSV to Address Book possible?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by New.Guy, Jun 28, 2009.

1. New.Guy macrumors newbie

Hi, im a recent switcher and i`m having trouble setting up the mail app. I got all the contacts i need at hotmail, and i managed to export to CSV, but i still could import it to the Address Book. I tried goint to file>import?>import from txt and tried getting address book importer. neither worked (obviously).

thanks for all the help

2. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

Your title is misleading. It should be CSV to Address Book. A CSV file is simple ASCII text. In Address Book, chose File/Import>Text file.... This does not imply, however, that your CSV file has the fields in the proper order. You may find that you must edit the file to ensure that the fields are in the proper order.

3. New.Guy thread starter macrumors newbie

Correctd the name, but the edit that document would take a long time, and i would have to put everyones names again.. isnt there an easier way?

4. chefsmac macrumors newbie

hotmail contacts to mac address book

Use gmail. You can import the csv file into gmail. Gmail will ask which format to export your contacts. vcard format is the third choice. works great. I still needed to manually clean up my address book, but still easy and free.