CTO MBPro 3-4 weeks from SMALLDOG.COM!!?!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by RndmAxess, Oct 31, 2008.

1. im_to_hyper macrumors 65816

im_to_hyper

Sounds fishy... contact Apple to see if they have any record of that order. I've never heard of that website for used Macs.

2. RndmAxess thread starter macrumors regular

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Call your CC company and dispute the charge. You may want to call Small Dog and ask them again to cancel or you are going to dispute it. A chargeback will cost them $ so they might reconsider.

There is no reason for them to require a non-refundable deposit since they don't have to put any $ down either until the machine ships. I think this is a crooked policy on their part which is ironic since they put themselves out to be so socially conscience.

Also are you CTOing a 2.8? Just asking because if not you are better off just buying a stock 2.4 or 2.5 and doing the upgrades yourself. It's super easy to upgrade the HD now. RAM has always been easy.

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

The maxed-out 2.53 is listed on their site as backordered "The product is not available from the distributor, and there is no anticipated ship date available". Ouch!

They have a storied history of being an upstanding reseller. Hopefully this is not the result of growing pains.

5. RndmAxess thread starter macrumors regular

6. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Agreed. And I think the lack-of-comms is a good point to bring up in the deposit refund discussion.

Might be worth taking a look at eBay for the 2.8s to see how many have been released.

And enjoy the heck of that speed!