CTO time frame for Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by skigirl, Jan 16, 2010.

1. skigirl macrumors newbie

I ordered a CTO 13'' macbook pro before christmas. The macbook pro was ordered via a employee purchase plan since my employer has an agreement in place.

I did wonder about holding off the purchase to see if there where new macbook pros being released however i am leaving at the beginning of Feb to go overseas for a month and need the laptop to travel with. My current Asus laptop is buggered and is far too unrealiable to travel with and hence i decided that i should bite the bullet.

I was advised that this would take 3 weeks to arrive. As it was right before christmas i thought the time frame was not unreasonable.

Now a month later i still don't have the macbook pro. I've been advised that i should have it by the end of the month. The shipping time frame for the macbook pro 13" 2.53 ghz with a 500gb harddrive is showing 1-3 days on the apple website.

Anybody have any ideas on why its taking so long. Is there delays at the apple end or is this because a refresh is due very soon

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Call customer relations. I had similar problems, just not with the same amount of time.

3. skigirl thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry it should have said i've ordered via the distributer in my country. I've been dealing with them and they even contacted me me about the delay and appolgizing for it. I've offered to pay for but they would prefer i pay for it when it arrives. So i can't decide if they are doing me a favour or not....

If i was to contact apple i doubt the would be able so see anything relating to me in there systems but i could be wring.