CTRL+ALT+DEL Alternative for OSX?

thestaton

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
I have been using OSX for nearly 2 years now and for the first time I have had a program ( X-Plane ) completely lock up my system. What can you do if all you get is the beach ball of death?

Thanks.

L

Lau

thestaton said:
I have been using OSX for nearly 2 years now and for the first time I have had a program ( X-Plane ) completely lock up my system. What can you do if all you get is the beach ball of death?

Thanks.
Apple+Option(Alt)+Esc. :)

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
Gainesville, FL
Like Lau said, if you lock up Cmd-opt-esc is your friend :rolleyes:

Just wondering though, what happened w/ X-plane? what system specs are you running?

curious, i guess. been running X-Plane since v.5 or 6 on both win/mac :D

thestaton

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
X-Plane 8.40 on my 20" iMac Duo with 2 gigs of ram & 256mb video card.
I went to install the 737-800 made by the xpgoodwayteam and everytime I tried to load a quick flight it would lock the whole system up.

thanks for the help :)

Patch^

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2005
Great Britain
Lau said:
Apple+Option(Alt)+Esc. :)
That will do it :)

But if you want something like the Task manager in Windows, you can use activity monitor in you utility folder. You can also apply a shortcut for it to get quicker access for it. :) Hope it helps.

dsnort

macrumors 68000
Jan 28, 2006
In persona non grata
I'm still fairly new to the Mac, but when I had an app freeze up, I was still able to get a contextual menu from the icon on the dock which gave me the option to force quit.

Fiveos22

macrumors 65816
Nov 20, 2003
dsnort said:
I'm still fairly new to the Mac, but when I had an app freeze up, I was still able to get a contextual menu from the icon on the dock which gave me the option to force quit.
Protected memory is great, isn't it?