CTRL + EJECT stop working (alu keyboard)..

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Thrash911, Sep 25, 2007.

1. Thrash911 macrumors 6502

Thrash911

Hey people,

When I shut down my mac, I have the habbit of hitting ctrl + eject, and then choose what I want to do. That worked great with my old BT keyboard.. I now have the new flat alu keyboard (nice, btw!), and sometimes that will not work? It simply does not react, when I press ctrl + eject. I have tried to relaunch the Finder, but that does not help. After a restart, it works again. It seems to happen randomly. Any others have this issue?

EDIT: I'm pretty sure it's the EJECT button that is stubborn. I just tried to insert a DVD, and I cannot eject that with the EJECT button on the keyboard (I know I have to hold it down). New idea: Just tried unplugging the keyboard, and plugging it in again. Now it works fine. I can eject the DVD, and I get my shut down menu, when I hit ctrl + eject.. What the hell..? Maybe I'm weird, but I would like it to work ALL THE TIME!! :)

2. Thrash911 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thrash911

Hey.. I was just wondering, if anybody are experiencing the above mentioned problem? I have since gotten Leopard, but the problem is still there.. :/