Cuban cigars

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by retta283, May 2, 2019.

1. retta283 macrumors 6502a

retta283

Anyone on MR smoke Cubans? Where do you buy yours from?

I got a box of them as a gift from a friend for helping him move. Smokes good but seems to flake off the edge, not sure why... Tastes like a real Cuban though. I've had fake Cubans and they are terrible.

2. Gutwrench Contributor

Gutwrench

Non-smoker here. Are Cubans actually superior or is it a myth?

3. smallcoffee macrumors 68000

Depends on the Cuban, depends on the cigar, depends on how it’s kept. I’d say the ones I’ve had were very good but I’m not an aficionado to be able to tell you any specific reasons why. It’s probably like, wine from France (generally speaking) is better than wine from Argentina or something.

4. retta283 thread starter macrumors 6502a

retta283

I am not a smoker really but every once in a while I smoke cigars.

Cubans are generally considered better, but mostly tobacco that is harvested in the west of Cuba. Dominican cigars are considered to be very good too.

5. Zenithal macrumors 604

If you want really good Cubans, you need to pay large sums. The majority has been met in outside quality. That said, I stopped smoking cigars a while back. My go-to brand was always Romeo y Julieta, both the Cuban and Dominican variants. Whatever I could in anyway get my hands on even if it was teetering the law.

Buyer beware. They have some cheap stuff, and they also have a lot of their product forged.