Cubase performance on a Mac

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Skika, Mar 29, 2009.

1. Skika macrumors 68030

I just bought a UMBP and am seriously considering transfering my work to it. Otherwise i use my PC for producing but would like to get rid of it and buy some good firewire card for my Macbook, install Cubase 4 on it, and continue my work there.

So to my question, how is Cubase perfoming on a Mac? Any known issues?Should i stay on my PC?

Thanks for all the answers:eek:

2. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

my university uses cubase 4 on PC's and it runs it fine. It's also got them in the studio on mac pros and it runs fine. i've got it on my macbook and runs fine, apart from using that stupid dongle!

so i'd say it would be fine, haha. why wouldn't it anyway? i'm sure they wuldn't bring out a buggy program for that amount of money.

3. CalumC macrumors regular

Are you at leeds uni?

4. Skika thread starter macrumors 68030

5. ashjamben macrumors 6502a

ye, leeds met. are you too?

i'm in my first year doing music technology.

also, skika, i'm pretty sure they are exactly the same. in fact, i'll be bold enough to say they are exactly the same, please someone correct me if i'm wrong. on the steingberg website it doesn't say anything about the difference, which i'm pretty sure they'd have to state it. the two versions even come on the same disc.