Cupertino Apple Factory Tour?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by MacBoy108, Nov 7, 2007.

1. MacBoy108 macrumors 6502

MacBoy108

My family and I were thinking of going up to Cupertino to see Apple Head quarters. Does any one know if they offer a factory tour or have a gift shop?
    I ask if they have a gift shop because I saw an Apple shirt that read "I visited the mother ship"
    Thanks

2. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

There isn't a factory at Cupertino, is there? It's just HQ, with the worlds best gift shop and such.

At least I think so, anyway.

3. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

There is a gift shop, but as the products say, they are manufactured in China...

4. mpr131 macrumors member

I was at Apple HQs recently when I was in Palo Alto for a friend's wedding. I don't think there are tours. I only saw a gift shop that does have the shirt you mention. Cool campus though...everyone is walking around carrying MBPs and I even saw many iPhones!

5. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Unless you know an employee at Apple HQ, the only place you'll be able to visit is The Company Store. And yes, you can get your "I visited the mothership" T-shirts there, along with lots of other Apple-branded merchandise.

6. BanjoBanker macrumors 6502

BanjoBanker

The Company Store is worth the trip! I have a couple of hats, coffee mugs, golf shirts and t-shirts! Of course, I visited the mother ship is amongst them. I ahve a picture of myself standing by the 1 Infinite Loop sign for the wallpaper on my BlackBook and my iPhone:cool:

7. todd2000 macrumors 68000

You sound shocked by this :). You were on the APPLE campus, they probably all got them for free....

8. MacBoy108 thread starter macrumors 6502

MacBoy108

Wow! Cool I can't wait to go, thanks for the information.