Cure for 3 Finger Swipe

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AroundTheFur922, May 16, 2015.

1. AroundTheFur922 macrumors member

AroundTheFur922

Strange question and I apologize if it's blatantly obvious. I use a 15" rMBP with a TB display and a secondary 24" display from time to time. I realized after a few times of doing this that when I do a 3 finger swipe to go between screens/apps now (when it's not connected to the external displays) that there are way more "screens" open than there are apps open. Even after restarting the computer, when I 3 finger swipe from right to left I'll get my main screen (desktop background, open minimized Twitter window), my full-sized Safari window, and then I can keep on swiping about 5 or 6 more times that results in old desktop backgrounds with no apps or programs open. Any idea what causes this?

2. JTToft macrumors 68040

The number of Desktops is constant and doesn't change with the opening or closing of apps. To remove Desktops you don't need, go into Mission Control, hover over a Desktop and then click the X.
    To add them again, move your mouse to the right side of the screen next to the thumbnails and click the + icon.

3. AroundTheFur922 thread starter macrumors member

AroundTheFur922