Curfew?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by readerbreader, Jun 18, 2010.

1. readerbreader macrumors regular

Since me and a buddy want to camp out for the new iPhone, but we are both 16, would we most likely be issued a curfew citation?

2. Icarus73 macrumors regular

where do you live that has a curfew?

i remember i lived in sioux falls, sd a few years ago when i was younger and there was an 11:00pm curfew for those under 17. I just didn't know anywhere else did that. ha!

I dont think the police are going to be checking out the iPhone lines to issue curfew tickets.

3. CGillFrogman macrumors newbie

Do you plan on buying unsubsidized? I'm not positive, but I don't believe that you can sign a contract unless you are 18. Just my theory though :D

4. smalls78 macrumors newbie

Yeah, it could. Review the state, county and local ordinances for your area. Usually a curfew will run until 11PM Sun-Thurs and until midnight Fri and Sat; though they may be more restrictive in your area.

If you're not causing issues, and your parents are okay with it, you probably will not encounter any problems. But keep in mind, all it takes is one idiot to ruin it for everyone else.

5. Squid7085 macrumors 6502a

It's possible, it depends on how your local Law Enforcement feels that day. However, I think that might be the least of your concern, as you need to be 18 for every possible scenario you would use to buy the phone. ;)

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Exactly.
    They wont be able to sign any contracts unless they have a parent or adult thats in charge of the AT&T account.

7. CGillFrogman macrumors newbie

OP's parents are f'in awesome if they camp with them haha

8. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Since you're not doing anything crazy or driving I think you'll be fine. Make sure that your parents get there in time to buy the phone though, since they likely won't let you buy it without them.

9. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

When I waited for the 3G I was 16 and we had a curfew. I live in a nice town and they had an cop there to stay inside overnight and protect the stuff. He was really cool and didn't enforce anything. It's no big deal really.

10. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Were you able to purchase the phone without your parents?

11. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

No my dad came at like 630 AM right before they opened and went in with me. I was there 10 AM a day before!! was first in line though. There ended up being like 300 people or more in line by 7 am

this was an AT&T store

12. Reaktor5 macrumors 6502a

Reaktor5

These threads are getting a little out of hand. :rolleyes:

13. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

14. readerbreader thread starter macrumors regular

i pre-ordered mine, but he wants to stand in line for the novelty to buy his, and i figured, "Why not" he will have his dad there in the morning however.

15. hipvamore macrumors regular

i would just go and see what happens. have your parents write a note and sign it or something. that might help if the pigs are cool. if not just go really really early in the morning at like 4