Curious about 2g/3g replacements

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rhs7787, Sep 30, 2010.

1. rhs7787 macrumors member

So at one point when my phone was water damaged apple offered to replace it for $199 provided I gave them the water damaged one. Do they still offer this for 2g and 3g iphone users or is it only for the newest iphone?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

If you call Apple Care (vs going to an Apple Store) you might have better luck getting your Original iPhone and iPhone 3G repaired/replaced.

One of my neighbors bought an Original iPhone on craigslist over the summer for real cheap because it had a crack on the screen, and the battery was old. He called Apple Care and got a replacement unit for $199 (out of warranty repair).

give them a call.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, they still provide the out of warranty replacement for $199 for all iphones.

4. OBAMANIZER macrumors newbie

OBAMANIZER

This is what the website claims but the phone still has to be in one piece. It can't have been shattered to the point of no return. Apple has no use for those parts and most likely won't take your $200 for a new one. All this depends on who you talk to and where you go though, as with all Apple exchanges.

5. hcho3 macrumors 68030

Help me understand. Will apple take your old phone and 199 dollars for your replacement? That's just stupid.

6. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

And why is this stupid? In any other world, you would have to pay the unsubsidized price of the phone

7. Interstella5555 macrumors 603

Interstella5555

Why would they let you keep it? They'd be giving you a new phone for $200; you can get something replaced giving they defective one back. I can't think of any company that operates in the way you're describing.