Curious about iphone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hyperch!ck, May 12, 2010.

1. hyperch!ck macrumors newbie

Ok so I was looking into buying an iphone 3gs. I currently am a verizon customer and I own an ipod touch and would really like to upgrade to an iphone because of the 3g network. So right now my verizon plan is about 30 dollars and I was looking into iphone plans and they are a stinkin lot of money. I was wondering about the data plan though. I know they offer the 30/month unlimited data plan but do they offer any other plans for data because i obviously want a data plan but wouldnt use it all that much. because I could run off my wifi at home and not have to use the data plan right? but when I go anywhere (which isnt all that often that I would need the 3g) id want the 3g but def wouldnt be practical for me to pay 30 bucks just for a data plan. SO i was just wondering if they offer any other plans for data because 39 dollar voice plan isnt that bad but 69 with data and no text is a little pricey! :p so just curious about that and if you iphone customers are happy with your iphone and the price. is it worth it?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

They currently dont offer any other option but the mandatory $30 unlimited data with all iphones sold.
    Maybe in the future they will offer a plan similar to the iPad that has an unlimited and a 250mb $15 plan.
    But not sure if that will happen, would be nice though to have more options.

3. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

late spring/early summer is always near the end of Apple's annual product cycle. so I would wait a few months before making any changes.

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

Verizon requires a $30 per month data plan on all smart phones just like AT&T.