Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SolarCanoe

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 30, 2008
So if I subscribe to itunes match, all my imported albums will be available on my idevices in full quality even if my songs were imported at a lower quality. My question is, will the full quality versions replace the poorer quality ones on my computer, and if i decide to cancel my subscription, would my full quality copies still remain on my computer and idevices? Because that right there would make it worth the $26 or however much it is

morphineseason

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2007
So if I subscribe to itunes match, all my imported albums will be available on my idevices in full quality even if my songs were imported at a lower quality. My question is, will the full quality versions replace the poorer quality ones on my computer, and if i decide to cancel my subscription, would my full quality copies still remain on my computer and idevices? Because that right there would make it worth the $26 or however much it is

Songs are stored locally when you download them, so yes, you keep the higher quality track even without a subscription.

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Yes, any matched songs will be 256kpbs AAC. Any uploaded songs will be whatever quality they were originally, of course.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.