Curious about rMBP cardboard packing

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zerotiu, Jul 13, 2012.

1. zerotiu macrumors regular

I just come across with this rMBP unboxing youtube video :
    http://youtu.be/c8y-ZTKcOKc?t=50s

It is shown there that the package actually good. I mean..after reading about the pressure mark etcs, I thought that the package is fit perfectly with the white macbook pro case (without any cardboard padding at each corner).

In fact, there are cardboard paddings. I wonder how come there is a pressure mark.

2. 01mggt macrumors 6502

I picked my rmbp at Best Buy last night. The lady almost dropped it off the counter ( I would have murdered someone lol). But any way, I think alot of damage can occure once you have only the white box itself, once it is out of the shipping box if the boxes are stacked I can see having display issues. Once you open that white box you see there is zero protection from weight sitting right on the screen. The lid of the box is pretty well made and very stiff. but still, no foam protection at all.

3. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

This is why I store the MacBooks vertically instead of on top of each other at my store. The shipping box is great but once it's out of that you dont want to hit it too hard...

4. Slivortal macrumors 6502

Quality control means not 100% of the products that Apple produces are 100% perfect 100% of the time (gasp). It could be something as simple as damage during manufacturing to dropping it 12 feet in a mail room to someone banging it out of the box, and not realizing they did (or lying that they didn't).

Also, the % of people reporting issues with an issue on the Internet is usually far more representative than the number of people actually experiencing said issue. The number of people reporting this problem is actually pretty low when you think about the real "pandemic" type problems ("Antennagate," "Yellowgate").

5. 01mggt macrumors 6502

Glad to hear :) It's nice to know some people are still thinking of more than someone elses money lol

6. Mabyboi macrumors 6502

Mabyboi

I treat all the macs in my stores like my own Mac, i even keep the plastic wrapping, keyboard cover and all other little pieces inside the box for my demo units. I figure that if i wouldn't buy it, why would I sell it?