Curious MBP 17" Build date August 2012?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hammo123, Jul 7, 2013.

1. hammo123 macrumors newbie

hammo123

I've just taken delivery of a refurbished MBP 17" late 2011 2.4Ghz from Apple Australia & am more than a little curious as to when it may have been manufactured..
    To my knowledge they were discontinued in June of 2012 but through Macserialfinder & Tinkertool it comes up as an August 2012 build date from China....
    Now i am aware that on some refurbs they reburn a new serial into the chip or whatever but i'd swear that this thing is brand new..It even has that "NEW" smell about it..
    Maybe it's an afterthought thrown together from leftover bits & pieces @ the Apple factory.

It has the Samsung LTN170CT10 LCD panel which i must say is a little more yellowish than my early 2011 17" which has an LG panel..

Are the Samsung LCD panels an inferior product or should i try fiddling around a bit with the calibration first?

The 2 x 8GB sticks of Corsair DDR3 1600 ram were recognised pronto & are functioning perfectly & the Intel 520 SSD i was having issues with on my early 2011MBP fired into life without any problems ..

Overall the performance & cosmetic finish is superior to my early 2011 17" but whilst i have the 14 day return option i figured i should put it out there to see if there's any "issues" to look out for...?:confused:

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. Hildegerd macrumors regular

Hildegerd

3. vtecintegra macrumors newbie

I think the build date is actually when it was refurbed. I've got a mid 2012 rMBP but the build date is coming up as May 2013. About a month before I ordered it.