Curious Question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rabeia, Feb 3, 2008.

1. rabeia macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum, and just want to start my first post with a curious question about my macbook i bought couple of months ago.
    When i have my Ethernet connected, and Airport on using the same network, which connections does my macbook use when i surf the internet?:confused:

2. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

if both are connected, ethernet trumps wireless

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Welcome! :)

So you're plugging your macbook into an ethernet port on your wireless router, while simultaneously connected to the same router via wireless?

...Wired takes priority. Although, I'm sure either connection is far faster than your internet connection.

4. rabeia thread starter macrumors newbie

yes my ethernet and my airport are both connected through my wireless router.

5. GeneKam macrumors regular

indeed, even a most basic and cheap router gives much faster speeds that ISP offer to the consumers. The only reasons people actually get the higher end one is the range, the USB ports, and ofcourse the network transfer, which will effect the old Apple TV and just range file sharing or home server data transfer rate

6. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

you should turn off airport when using ethernet, no need to put extra mileage on your airport card :D