Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
Hey Guys, Does Anyone know if the new ipad pro's will work with FACE ID in Portrait mode or will it only work in landscape mode? TIA

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
I see no reason why it would suddenly stop working in one orientation. Fingers crossed

Reactions: harleymhs

harleymhs

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
I see no reason why it would suddenly stop working in one orientation. Fingers crossed
Agreed, That would be a deal breaker, I rarely use it in landscape mode. May be an issue with the camera being mounted landscape now not seeing your face of not held the right way..

Reactions: ericwn

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Agreed, That would be a deal breaker, I rarely use it in landscape mode. May be an issue with the camera being mounted landscape now not seeing your face of not held the right way..

I bet the majority of users will want to hold the biggest device in the iPad line in landscape mode which would drastically reduce the amount of covered sensors right now. And this shouldn’t take 4 Pro generations of hardware to figure out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.