Curious...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by violetgoose, Jun 7, 2011.

1. violetgoose macrumors member

violetgoose

Hey guys, I was wondering if there is any way to use the iOS4 wallpapers on my iPhone 3g? I found an app that has SOME of the current wallpapers, but not all... I like the ones w/ the pink rose and another one that has the blue mountains. Hope this isn't a dumb question. Is there a way to copy and paste bc I know some of them are available if I do a Google search but I'd like to be able to use them on my phone (not upgrading to 4.2 or whatever bc I had trouble w/ the jailbreak last time and I am NOT going through that tedious process again). Thanks!

2. angelnilo macrumors member

Hey there, try looking online, google, i know there is a site that holds most of them. OR if you know someone that has a jailbroken phone they can SSH into it and get them for you :/
    hope my response wasnt too useless.

3. violetgoose thread starter macrumors member

violetgoose

Thanks, Angel. I know there are some pretty cool looking ones and I'd snatch them all if I could, but how do I put them onto my phone? Is it through iTunes? Do I copy & paste or something like that? I am still new to the Apple world so any help is appreciated.

4. angelnilo macrumors member

oh i understand your problem now.
    ok well if you are searching on your iphones web browser you can press on the image and hold it until you see a pop up menu come up from the bottom of your screen. then press 'save image'.
    if you are searching on your desktop you can setup and email account on your iphone and then save the images to your desktop and simply email them to yourself, once you receive the email from yourself you can press down on the photo, hold, and then touch the 'save image' button.
    when you save the image it will get imported to your 'camera roll' / your photo app on your iphone.

go to your photo app and bring up the photo you want as your wallpaper,
    click the button on your lower left hand side corner and then touch the button that says 'use as wallpaper'
    then click on 'set'
    and from there you can set it as your 'lockscreen' Or your background wallpaper which will make it appear behind your applications.

hope that helped:)

5. violetgoose, Jun 7, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2011

violetgoose thread starter macrumors member

violetgoose

THANK YOU!! That helped a lot. You are my lifesaver!

6. violetgoose thread starter macrumors member

violetgoose

Hm two other questions... They're not as urgent, but I am simply wondering:

1. How do I make or create folders?
    2. How do I make other photo albums? (rather than just "camera roll" and "wallpaper")

Keep in mind, I only have 3.1.3. Thanks so much. :D