curious...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by shiunn, Apr 2, 2008.

1. shiunn macrumors 6502

I have a 1.1.2 OOB upgraded to 1.1.3. And I just downloaded iLibertyX to check it out. I saw the "Unlock" tick box and the "Unlock with 3.9FB". So I know that 3.9FB is reversible and all, but what happens if I tick just the "unlock" box and leave the "3.9fb" alone? what bootloader will I end up with?

2. Bad Ash macrumors regular

Bad Ash

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Read the part about date of production and BL, particularly... if you started with 1.1.2, you probably already have BL 3.9 (and not 4.6), and this fakeblank / recoverable issue is not an issue for you (i.e. you aren't downgrading your BL to begin with; you just end up leaving it alone).

4. shiunn thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh dear...! you're right!
    I've ALWAYS assumed that my bootloader is 4.6. I think this is partly because I assumed all 1.1.2 is 4.6 cuz of the tremendous difficulty and delay in unlocking that firmware.
    again, out of curiosity, why was there a delay back then?

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I'm not familiar with what took so long to unlock 1.1.2 ... maybe BL4.6 was released during the 1.1.2 timeframe?

I got all worked up over this issue while I was waiting for my refurbished iPhone, and of course, mine was from October and it had BL3.9 on it, and I was worked up over nothing! :eek:

6. shiunn thread starter macrumors 6502

mkrishnan,
    huh...it appears that my 43 week phone has a 4.6 bootloader, as specified by the BBinfo when i jailbreaked (only) with iLiberty
    shed some light please?

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

That's odd. Seems a couple of weeks too early to have 4.6, according to the numbers jav4564 and others posted. But good for you, I guess? You can at least *try* to preserve 4.6 (not that it's known to do anything special).

8. shiunn thread starter macrumors 6502