Currency conversion on Excel for mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fooddestroyer, Aug 6, 2009.

1. fooddestroyer macrumors newbie

Hi Guys - first post, so don't let me down.

I own MS Excel 2008 for mac and wish to produce a spreadsheet to add up values in different currencies.

I'd like the program to keep up-to-date with the latest currency exchange rates, automatically if possible.

Is there a way to do this with the Excel program? Or, is there any free programs, or ANY programs that can do this?

Many thanks
    N

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

You can have excel perform a Web Query where it extracts information from a chosen website.

3. webcakes macrumors newbie

It seems you need an ODBC driver to do this. Can someone recommend which one to use? Preferably a free one.

Cakes

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

In my humble opinion, why don't you just use your browser and choose from any of the widely available currency conversion sites? There's one called "Google"- a query like "1 USD in Euro" does the conversion very well.

5. webcakes macrumors newbie

That was not my question. I'm not trying to do currency conversion. I want to create a webquery in Excel for retrieving whatever information. When trying to create a webquery in Excel, it comes telling me I need an ODBC driver to do this. And then list me two possible candidates that after some research appear to cost 60`. So I was quite sure to find a friendly person here on this forum that could help me here. Even an answer like 'pay 60$ is your only option' would have been great.

6. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Oh, you're right. Sorry...should have read more carefully. :(