Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fooddestroyer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 6, 2009
Hi Guys - first post, so don't let me down.

I own MS Excel 2008 for mac and wish to produce a spreadsheet to add up values in different currencies.

I'd like the program to keep up-to-date with the latest currency exchange rates, automatically if possible.

Is there a way to do this with the Excel program? Or, is there any free programs, or ANY programs that can do this?

Many thanks
N

webcakes

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2009
You can have excel perform a Web Query where it extracts information from a chosen website.

It seems you need an ODBC driver to do this. Can someone recommend which one to use? Preferably a free one.

Cakes

webcakes

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2009
In my humble opinion, why don't you just use your browser and choose from any of the widely available currency conversion sites? There's one called "Google"- a query like "1 USD in Euro" does the conversion very well.

That was not my question. I'm not trying to do currency conversion. I want to create a webquery in Excel for retrieving whatever information. When trying to create a webquery in Excel, it comes telling me I need an ODBC driver to do this. And then list me two possible candidates that after some research appear to cost 60`. So I was quite sure to find a friendly person here on this forum that could help me here. Even an answer like 'pay 60$ is your only option' would have been great.

miles01110

macrumors Core
Jul 24, 2006
The Ivory Tower (I'm not coming down)
That was not my question. I'm not trying to do currency conversion. I want to create a webquery in Excel for retrieving whatever information. When trying to create a webquery in Excel, it comes telling me I need an ODBC driver to do this. And then list me two possible candidates that after some research appear to cost 60`. So I was quite sure to find a friendly person here on this forum that could help me here. Even an answer like 'pay 60$ is your only option' would have been great.

Oh, you're right. Sorry...should have read more carefully. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.