Current AirPort Extreme Users...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by RappleRapple, Jun 10, 2013.

1. RappleRapple macrumors member

Ask my MacBook, iPhone, Steve Jobs or my wife!
    Where do you keep your's? And will,the new gigantic cylinder fit there?

Snafu, IMO.

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

On my desk next to my iMac. New one would fit without too much hassle.

3. mmomega macrumors 68030

mmomega

TC above my desk, AEBS in living room I'll find out Wednesday how well the new gens fit in those spots.

4. mwhities macrumors 6502a

In the corner behind the fireplace. Although, if I get a new one, I might put it on my desktop.

5. ColdCase macrumors 68030

Top bookshelf in the library beside a TC, ethernet switch, a couple USB drives and a synology NAS. Not a space issue for me.

6. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

On top of a cabinet above my desk in the middle of the house. New one would fit fine, it's taller but smaller footprint. It's not a cylinder.

7. HenryAZ macrumors 6502

HenryAZ

Prism, square prism, rectangular prism, or cuboid take your pick.

8. davidoloan Suspended

9. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

I have an Airport Extreme on my hall table, next to my VDSL modem and master phone socket. The current design is quite well suited to somewhere like a main hallway as it's got a nice low profile and doesn't draw attention to itself. The new design, on the other hand, is nowhere near as subtle as the previous version and I doubt would be suitable for somewhere like a hallway.

Still, as far as routers/access points go it's probably preferable to any of the competition, aesthetically.

10. Ifti macrumors 68000

First floor. Almost central in the house. Stored in a cupboard on a shelf alongside my printer and my stash of hard drives etc!

11. HERO XXL macrumors regular

Planning to put one behind the 3rd row seat in my large truck, (closer to the cigarette lighter adapter thingee)
    But for now, in the small cubby hole in the rear cargo area for the small truck (Bluetooth SUCKS. I learned the hard way).

12. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

New extreme in living room on a high shelf. As an extender it gives more signal strength to the family room next door (3 bars on iPad instead of 2) compared to express as extender.

Will replace current TC (high on shelf in office on opposite corner of house) with new TC tower today. Between new TC and extreme wifi will be excellent....even without ac devices. Current TC will have wifi turned off but will continue to be used as a router and network drive.